According to the studies, If the website didn’t loaded in duration less than 10 seconds, the probability of leaving the website without even reading the content is more than 80%. So you have to be sure about optimizing and improving the performance of your website. One of the steps to improve the performance of WordPress website is using cache plugin.
According to the communications on servers, there are many protocols and requests which every visitor must go through to execute any actions on the website. So cache plugin helps to raise the speed of a WordPress site by saving the users request through its generated HTML files instead of the usual loading of all PHP Scripts from WordPress whenever we hit refresh. In other words, the browser will automatically store a big portion of the site’s files so users can easily access them which can result in a faster loading time.
W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is not only a cache plugin but also it’s one of the most popular and most usable one. It improves your server performance by caching every aspect of your site and also offers content delivery network integrations.
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters.
- Content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support.
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”.
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN).
- Caching statistics for performance insights.
- Reverse proxy integration via Nginx or Varnish.
- It supports CDNs, minification and all sorts of rendering.
- It has a lot of setting to give you the full control on caching.
- Various security features.
- Allows you to export settings for future use.
- Excellent customer support available.
- Improving your overall page speed dramatically.
- It may be a bit difficult for customization.
- Unless and until you use a CDN, you can’t see much difference in your website speed. So install one to get more benefits.
You can download it for free from here https://www.w3-edge.com/products/w3-total-cache/
and you can buy the premium version in price customized according to your use.
WP Super Cache
is another popular caching plugin for WordPress, with over a million active installs. The plugin is run by Automattic, the same team behind WordPress.com.
- Easy deletion and re-caching and given time schedule.
- Supporting Caching in mobile devices.
- Supporting Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- It supports the fastest page compression and dynamic caching.
- After installing this plugin, you will see the intuitive performance for page load times and faster be caching up to 89%.
- Easy to install and setup.
- Page compression and dynamic caching.
- Caching for visitors using a mobile device.
- Frequently updated.
- It offers legacy caching.
- It’s free.
- There are a lot of settings which must be configured so it may a bit confusing.
- Few compatibility issues with some themes reported.
- No caching if the user is logged in.
You can download it for free from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/
WP Rocket cache plugin
WP Rocket is is a very popular cache plugin which is rich in features and easy to use. This plugin launches upon its activation and provide immediate results.
- Page Caching.
- Cache Preloading.
- Sitemap Preloading.
- GZIP Compression.
- Browser Caching.
- Database Optimization.
- Google Fonts Optimization.
- Remove Query Strings from Static Resources.
- Minification / Concatenation.
- Defer JS Loading.
- CloudFlare Compatibility.
- Supporting CDN.
- DNS Prefetching.
- Support mobile speed loading.
- Multisite Compatibility.
- ECommerce Friendly.
- Adapt with various languages.
- Connected Users.
- Quick Setup and easy to use.
- Developer Friendly.
- Import/Export so you don’t need to begin from the start.
- It also included features to optimize the website performance.
- It is capable to reduce up to 50% page load times.
- Quick tech support.
- The main disadvantage point is that it’s not free.
You can buy it for 39$/year up to 199$/year.https://wp-rocket.me/pricing/
WP Fastest Cache
WP Fastest Cache comes with fewer configuration settings for WordPress caching, which makes it one of the easiest WordPress caching plugins available in the official WordPress plugins repository.
- Using a short-code to block cache for a specific page.
- You can easily enable or disable cache option for mobile devices.
- Supporting Content Delivery Network (CDN) and SSL.
- It deletes all the files when you publish pages or posts.
- You will surely enjoy the amazing performance report on GT Matrix or Pingdom.
- Cache timeout for specific pages.
- It uses the mod_rewrite rule which is the fastest way to load the cache files.
- The cache files can be scheduled to get expired.
- The free version is not accessible for mobile devices.
- WP fastest cache plugin doesn’t support the WordPress multisite.
You can download it for free but you can use the premium version for more features
Comet Cache is another popular cache plugin with 60,000 active installs. Unlike other caching plugins, Comet Cache comes with the ability to cache logged-in users too. That means if you’re running a membership site, eCommerce site, or any other sites that require users to register, then Comet Cache is a must-use plugin for you.
- Offering options to control the automatic cache clearing behavior for Home and Posts Page, Author Page, Category, Tag, and Custom Term Archives, Custom Post Type Archives, RSS/RDF/ATOM Feeds, and XML Sitemaps.
- The ability to cache or ignore URLs that contain query strings (GET Requests).
- Set automatic expiration times for cache files.
- Advanced Cache plugin system and debugging mode.
- Comet Cache has one of the best automatic cache expiration times.
- GZIP compression and WP-CLI compatibility.
- Developer friendly code base.
- Well-documented and simple configuration.
- HTTP referrer exclusion patterns with supporting wildcards.
- Caching for 404 Error requests to reduce the impacts of those requests on the server.
- Comet Cache can have conflicts with other plugins
- It’s not compatible with Google AMP.
You can download it for free but you need to buy it for more features according many plans which start from 39$ up to 139$.
Download it from here https://cometcache.com/
Cache Enabler is a lightweight cache plugin that creates a static HTML file of your site and serves them to the vast majority of your website visitors upon request. It needs minimal configuration and comes with all the important features you’ll ever need from a caching plugin.
- Automated and manually option to clear cache from WordPress dashboard.
- Viewable size of current cache in dashboard.
- It supports multisite and custom post types.
- Supports responsive images via the srcset update in WordPress 4.4.
- Lightweight cache plugin.
- Simple and easy to configure.
- Focusing on the new HTTP/2 protocol.
- This cache plugin is looking towards the future and ditching old performance optimization tricks.
- It can decrease website’s load times by a whopping 45.5%.
- It’s free.
- It lacks many advanced features offered by other caching plugins.
It’s free and you can download it from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/cache-enabler/
Hyper Cache is another best WordPress cache plugin specially written to get maximum speed for your WordPress blog. Most of the WordPress blog is running on low budget shared hosting. The beneficial point is that it can even work in Window hosting. It is widely used with great success from many blog.
- Multi-caching for both mobile and desktop site version.
- Ready for ultra CDN support and SSL uses.
- Autoclean to control the cache used disk space.
- Skip Cache folder while backuping WordPress.
- It is able to serve expired page to bot and increase perceived blog speed by bot.
- Compression even on fly for non cached pages.
- Full control over cache cleaning on blog event. (comments, post edited…)
- Ultra CDN and SSL support for users.
- Auto clean Hard disk space.
- Bypass matching cookies.
- Multiple caching option.
- Available for free.
- Limited Configuration and customization.
It’s free and you can download it from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/hyper-cache/
There are many of cache plugin that we mentioned earlier so you need to decide which one to use according to your need and your budget. Their features are convergent and all of them are useful so decide according your website performance and the compatibility with your website, themes, and applications.