WordPress is considered as one of the most popular web platform on internet. So it can be very attractive prey for hacking and security issues. Fortunately, WordPress developer team is working on improving security issues and make it inactive but still you need to use on of powerful security plugin to make sure that your website is powerfully secure.
You will need security plugin for many purposes on your website like login hardening, database security, and firewall functions. So If you care about securing your website against hacking, you have to use one of security plugins in this article.
Table of Contents
iThemes Security is WordPress security plugin which can fix vulnerabilities relating to your theme, plugins and strengthens website security in each and every way. It scans file system regularly to find infections and common holes through which hackers may initiate an attack on your site.
- Full range backup.
- File change detection and notification just in case someone wants to modify your website.
- Redirection function for broken URL.
- Strengthen your login and admin account.
- Supports many functions for WooCommerce like reports, enhance website on mobile, and inventory reports.
- Google recaptcha.
- Force you to use latest versions of the themes and plugins.
- Track users and know when they login, edit content and logout from the site.
- Malware scan.
- It offers tutorials for a detailed understanding.
- Supports many languages.
- Import/Export Settings – Saves time setting up multiple WordPress sites.
- wp-cli Integration – Manage your site’s security from the command line.
- Most of important security features are available for Pro version not for free.
You can download it for free but you have to buy the pro version for 20$/month or 25$/month.
You can download it from here https://ithemes.com/
Wordfence Security is one of the most popular security plugin. So you can find many other people which use Wordfence Security plugin to secure their website. It provides best possible protection to your WordPress site.
- Firewall functions.
- Country blocking.
- Malware scan.
- Real-time threat defence.
- Checking the spam.
- Reports about the visitors login or logout, bots and crawlers, and other activities on website.
- Two factor authentication.
- File repairing.
- Scan on schedule.
- Monitor changes in your file system and if any suspicious activities found, repair it immediately.
- Monitor your traffic, DNS security and disk space to detect and prevent hacking attempt.
- It is compatible with most of the themes and plugins.
- You can access WordPress Security Learning Center, a valuable learning resource on Wordfence official website.
- It can always be update to fight against issues.
- It gives you many tools that you can customize.
- Scanning may take a lot of your bandwidth and make your website slow.
- A lot of features need to buy the pro version.
You can download it for free but you will find the need to buy the pro version to get all feature for 99$ for on website and there are discounts for more.
You can download from here https://www.wordfence.com/
Sucuri Security is a website security plugin that encompasses all the major aspects such as auditing, malware scanning, and security hardening. The professional outlook of the Sucuri Security team delivers unmatchable services in the WordPress security plugin niche.
- Website scanning and detection.
- Brute Force Protection.
- DDoS Attack Mitigation.
- Malware & Hack Prevention.
- Enables you to backup your website just in case.
- Cleaning up the website and restoring files.
- Powerful support.
- Strong security functions.
- Security Hardening feature provides overall security.
- Continuous website monitoring lets you identify the threats quickly.
- File change detection on schedule.
- DNS and WHOIS monitoring on schedule.
- Improving the performance of your website.
- Helps you in accessing the hacked sites.
- Scanning for the problem and helps you in identifying and solving them.
- Its interface isn’t easy for beginners.
- You have to pay money for a lot of features.
You have to buy the basic plan at least for 199$/year then you can upgrade up to 499$/year.
Buy it from here https://sucuri.net/website-security-platform/signup
Bulletproof Security is a security plugin which can protect you from more than 100000 attacks. This security plugin provide you a world-class security functions which make your website formidable on hackers.
- Easy to install.
- Backup functions to prevent any loss of data.
- Real-Time File Monitor function.
- Security on login and logout.
- MAlware scanning.
- Customized mail notification.
- Frontend/ backend maintenance mode.
- you can use it for free.
- Impressive user reviews.
- Regular updates available.
- Loaded with all the essential features.
- Prevent brute force login attacks.
- You can create whitelist/blacklist IP addresses..
- A lot of setting needed to deal with.
- No two-factor authentication.
- Some features are available in pro version only.
You can download it for free but you have to buy it to use more features 69.5$
You can download it from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulletproof-security/
All In One WP Security & Firewall
This user-friendly plugin has been developed by Tips and Tricks HQ. Loaded with numerous security measures, All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin is available for free download. The best thing about this security plugin is dividing the features as basic, intermediate, and advanced to make it easy for the user.
- Password strength tool.
- Stop user enumeration. So users/bots cannot discover user info via author permalink.
- Reports about all actions on the website as monitor feature.
- Strong login security on all levels for users, hackers, and administrators.
- Normal backup for the website.
- File system security to protect your files, maintain them and protect them from hacking.
- Firewall protection and functionality.
- Protect against brute force login attack with the login lockdown feature.
- Force logout of all users after a configurable time period.
- You can schedule scanning and backup.
- Whitelist and blacklist IP addresses.
- Regularly updated to prevent any loophole in the plugin functionality.
- Track a certain user by IP address, domain name.
- Enable copy protection.
- Malware scan is a premium service.
- The Intermediate and Advanced may not be compatible with the theme and other plugins.
- It may create a conflict with other functions if the advanced functionality is enabled.
You can download and use it for free from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/
Malcare security plugin
Malcare is a security plugin which is developed by BlogVault. It’s based on new protection algorithm to protect your website from various of hacking threats.
- Early Detection of Malware.
- Instant notification right after detecting any suspicious action.
- Login Protection.
- file protection.
- All backup function to protect your data.
- Reports about the actions on your website.
- Firewall functions.
- The scan process doesn’t affect the website performance.
- Accurate – Minimal False Positives.
- Continuous updates to avoid recent issues.
- It can find any malware on internet.
- Scan all files on the website for the website itself, themes, plugins, and etc.
- One single dashboard to monitor and manage all sites under your care.
- May use some extra resources if your host is free during installation.
- Limited features on free version.
You have to buy it according to many plans according to the number of websites and features starts from 8.25$/month up to 159$/month
You can download it from here https://www.malcare.com/
It’s a security plugin which can block all harmful traffic to keep your website away from threats.
- Beautiful, Easy-To-Use Guided Wizards – help you configure Shield and run scans like a Pro
- Powerful Core File Scanners – automatically detects malicious file changes and hacks you’d never see
- 2-Factor Authentication including Google Authenticator and Email.
- Audit Trail & User Activity Logging
- Enables Google reCAPTCHA.
- Firewall functionality.
- Security Admin Users.
- Block REST API / XML-RPC.
- Automatic Updates Control.
- Automatically limit login Attempts / Block Automatic Brute-Force Bots.
- Automatic IP blacklist.
- Block 100% Automated Comments SPAM.
- Detect the problems and repair files.
- It locks the website during attacks and no one can enter without special key.
- No malware scan.
You can download it for free or buy pro version for 12$/month.
VaultPress security plugin
Your website data is always prone to attackers and hackers So it can cause losing your data. VaultPress security plugin ensures that your data is always backed up. Moreover, data scanning prevents any malware breach.
- Powered by Jetpack, a plugin that provides essential WordPress features such as social sharing, user statistics, etc.
- Backs up all the data in real-time.
- It simplifies the site migration. You can initiate the process with just one click.
- Developed by trusted developers, Automattic.
- Regular updates ensure up to date algorithm.
- A VaultPress subscription is valid for a single website.
- Limited features available with the free version.
You can download it for free but you will need to buy the pro version for 39$/year.
You can download it from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/vaultpress/